Welcome to the
OSWEGO PUBLIC LIBRARY
TO HELP US SERVE YOU BETTER
- Give us your email. (We do not share your address with anyone. It will be used for the Library only.)
- Sign your library card.
- Bring your card each time you visit.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once.
- Inform us of name, address, phone, and email changes.
Enjoy our Reading Room with current newspapers and magazines.
HUNDREDS TO CHOOSE FROM!
(The upper level closes 1/2 hour before the main floor every night.)
Monday through Thursday
10 AM to 8 PM
10 AM to 5 PM
Saturday & Sunday
Noon to 5 PM
(July through Labor Day)
Closed on Sunday.
Rest of hours remain the same.
Services of the Library
Online at ncls.org
- Request items.
- Digital downloads.
- Renew items.
- Under the Reference button: Magazine articles, Test books, & Online classes.
Copies and Printing from our Computers
- $0.15 a page; legal/ledger size paper at $0.20 a page
- $0.25 a page for color; legal/ledger size paper at $0.30 a page
- Free scanning to your USB flash drive from the copier!
- Copier can do double-sided, collate, and more up to 11 x 17 sheets!
We send faxes for $2 plus $1 for each additional page, with a free cover sheet.
Internet Access including Wireless throughout the Building
Computer Help always Available if you simply Ask -- 10 PC Computer Lab too
- Registration of new borrowers.
- Replacement of lost cards for a $1 fee.
- Changes in borrower information.
- Checkout of library materials.
- Returns/discharge of items.
- Renewal (in person, by phone, or online).
- Holding of reserved items for you.
- To obtain a library card you must provide us with formal ID that includes your current address. Children under the age of 18 must apply with a parent or guardian and may not check out movies. They may use the computers with their parent or guardian's permission.
- Library cards may be used at any automated library within the North Country Library System: Oswego, Lewis, Jefferson, & St. Lawrence Counties.
Loan Periods, Limits, & Renewals
- Most books circulate for 28 days. Books less than 9 months old circulate for 14 days.
- All teen/young adult books circulate for 28 days. All large print books circulate for 28 days.
- Children's books, all magazines, and all audiobooks circulate for 14 days.
- Videos & DVDs circulate for 7 days.
- There is an overall limit of 20 items per library card. You may have out 4 videos/DVDs and 4 audiobooks at a time.
- All items may be renewed once if there is no one waiting for them. Renewals are not allowed for items with holds. Renewals may be done over the phone, online, or in person. Renewals may not be done online once an item is overdue.
Community Room & Two Group Study Rooms Available!
North Country Library System provides a wide variety of materials including large print books, books on audio cassette, and books on CD. Items can be mailed directly to eligible individuals at no charge. Any person over the age of 62, those with physical issues and unable to visit a public library, those with hearing difficulties, those with visual difficulties, and residents of institutions all qualify. Registration and reading interest forms are available at your local public library or online at http://ncls.northcountrylibraries.org/sites/default/files/outreach/form24_2006.pdf
For additional information, please contact:
Outreach Services, North Country Library System
22072 County Route 190
Watertown, NY 13601
(315) 782-5540 ext. 235
nclsotr @ ncls.org
- All items have a 1 day grace period.
- Users are fined $0.05 per day for each overdue Children's book.
- Users are fined $0.10 per day for each overdue magazine and adult book.
- Users are fined $0.25 per day for each overdue audiobook.
- Users are fined $0.50 per day for each overdue video and DVD.
- The maximum fine per item is $5.00 with a cap of $20.00 in fines per library card.
- Any damaged or lost items must be paid for in full before the library account can be used again.
- Library privileges (including the use of computers) end when fines exceed $5.00 or there are 5 overdue items or there are any items more than 7 days overdue. Privileges will not be restored until items are returned and fines are paid.
- In extenuating circumstances, arrangements can be made with the director in lieu of fines.
Ongoing Book Sale
$0.25 for paperbacks
$0.50 for hardcovers, audios, & videos
Oswego Public Library
The Castle on the Hill
120 East 2nd Street
Oswego, NY 13126