The Library is seeking a Technology Aide to work 9 hours per week: 2 evenings 4:30-7:30 (Monday, Tuesday or Thurs) & Sundays (12:30-3:30).
Characteristics & Skills:
- Candidate must have knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to groups and individuals of all ages and educational backgrounds
- Experience in the use of technology and information resources, including online research methods is required
- Knowledge of training methods is preferred
- Ability to follow outlines and plans designed by the computer instructor
- Experience in utilization of presentation equipment (smart board)
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with the staff and public
- Ability to carry out library policies and procedures
Technology Aide will assist Technology instructor in educating patrons in the use of computers and computer technology.
- Oversee the Library Learning Lab in the absence of the Technology instructor
- Work one on one with individuals in addressing their computer questions and needs
- Assist patrons in completing online job applications, e-government services
- May conduct basic instruction in using Microsoft packages (word, excel, publisher) use of search engines and databases; downloading of e-books, e-magazines and e-audio;
- Assist in basic troubleshooting computer problems throughout the building (example:why can’t I get my document to print?Why can’t I download an attachment?)
Graduation from High School or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and experience in computer assistance.
Compensation:$12.05/hour. Position is for a total of 9 hours per week which involves working 2 evenings per week 4:30-7:30 (Monday, Tuesday or Thurs) & Sundays (12:30-3:30). Individual may be asked to work additional hours in the absence of Technical Instructor. This is a contractual position and does not include benefits.
Send cover letter, resume, references and application to: Carol Ferlito, Director Oswego Public Library 120 East 2nd Street, Oswego NY 13126 or e-mail to cferlito AT ncls.org For more information contact Carol Ferlito at 315-341-5867.