April 9-15 is a time to remember libraries and how they have made this country great.
See all the TEDx videos from Sno Isle Libraries.
Try a free audiobook at Sync: Audiobooks for Teens. There will be two free audiobooks available every week starting April 27. Text syncya to 25827 to receive text alerts when each pair of titles is available.
- Downloads are in MP3 format and are Mac and Windows compatible.
- Downloads will operate through the OverDrive app.
- Most listening devices are supported.
Hundreds of audiobooks and ebooks may be checked out any time with your library card at the North Country Libraries OverDrive page.
Wednesday, April 12 is National Bookmobile Day, so be sure to say hello to the Oswego Bookmobile.
Libraries are essential to economic recovery.
Libraries provide valuable materials, programs, and services to get people back on their feet and skilled staff to help them find what they need.
- Resources to learn about resume writing and how to complete job application forms
- Resources to learn financial management
- Resources to help create small businesses
- Resources to learn about health, nutrition and wellness activities
- Online databases that provide valuable information for businesses
- Computers and Internet access for applying for jobs online, virtual classes and training, distance education, and personal research
- Computer training on email, searching, word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and more software programs
- Free email access to apply and receive correspondence about jobs
- Assistance in setting up free email accounts
- Referrals to agencies that provide loans, food, shelter and other essentials
- Meeting places for businesses, organizations, tutors and students, and language learners
- Staff to proctor exams for correspondence classes, virtual universities, and job qualification tests
- Practice tests, both print and online
Libraries have developed a model for collaboration.
For years, libraries have set the standard for working together, sharing resources, and creating efficiencies – always with an eye to enhancing customer service. The examples are numerous:
- Shared library catalogs
- Interlibrary loan: libraries borrow and share items from all over the United States
- eBooks and downloadable audiobooks
- Cooperative access to subscription-based online databases
- Access to materials in digital formats
- Long-range planning