Not everyone knows we have passes to state parks and the Children's Museum of Oswego available to borrow for a week. If our pass is out, the cost at CMOO is $8 per person --- EBT cardholders $3 per person (max 4 people) .
We also have cake pans and Chromebooks with mobile hotspots that go out for longer!
Call 315-341-5867 or email email@example.com today to find out how to get these extras.
Welcome to the
OSWEGO PUBLIC LIBRARY
TO HELP US SERVE YOU BETTER
- Give us your email. (We do not share your address with anyone. It will be used for the Library only.)
- Sign your library card.
- Bring your card each time you visit.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once.
- Inform us of name, address, phone, and email changes.
Internet Access including Wireless throughout the Building
Computer Help always Available if you simply Ask -- Library Learning Center plus 3D printer!
Ongoing Book Sale
$0.25 for paperbacks; $0.50 for hardcovers; $1.00 for audios & videos
Services of the Library
Online at ncls.org
- Request items.
- Digital downloads.
- Renew items.
- References and resources.
Copies and Printing from our Computers
- $0.15 a page; legal/ledger size paper at $0.20 a page
- $0.25 a page for color; legal/ledger size paper at $0.30 a page
- Free scanning sent to an email or saved on your USB flash drive from the copier!
- Copier can do double-sided, collate, and more up to 11 x 17 sheets!
We send faxes for $2 plus $1 for each additional page, with a free cover sheet.
- Registration of new borrowers
- Replacement of lost cards @ $1.00
- Changes in borrower information
- Checkout of library materials
- Returns/discharge of items
- Renewal (in person, by phone or on-line)
- Holding of reserved items
- E-books & e-audio access
- Novel Data bases
- Ancestry.com (in library only)
- Internet Hotspots can be checked out for personal use.
- To obtain a library card you must provide the staff with a picture ID that includes your current address. If your ID does not have your current address, you must provide the staff with your ID and an official notice of your current address (a bill, cancelled letter, lease agreement, etc.)
- Cards must be updated annually
- Children under the age of 12 must apply with a parent or guardian and that adult’s signature is required on their registration card
- Library cards may be used at any automated library within the North Country Library System’s service area which includes Oswego, Lewis, Jefferson & St. Lawrence Counties
Loan Periods, Limits, & Renewals
- All books (fiction, non-fiction, children fiction, children’s nonfiction & Teen), unless designated as new, circulate for 28 days. Large print, both new or older, circulate for 28 days.
- Magazines, books designated as new, and audiobooks circulate for 14 days.
- Videos & DVDs circulate for 7 days.
- There is an overall limit of 20 items per library card.
- All items may be renewed once if there are no holds. Renewals may be done over the phone, on-line or in person. Renewals may not be done if you have outstanding fines.
Reserves / Holds
- Holds may be placed on books and items that you can not find on the shelf. However, holds on new items (items that are less than 6 months old) can only be made from your home library.
- All items have a 1 day grace period.
- Users are fined $0.20 per day for all items except DVDs and movies.
- Users are fined $1.00 per day for DVDs and movies. These must be returned inside the library building.
- $1.00 charge if DVDs, movies, or audio books are put in the book drop.
- Maximum fine is $5.00, excluding lost or damaged items.
- Library privileges (including the use of computers) end when fines reach $5.00 or when you have 5 overdue items or when you have 1 item more than 7 days overdue. Privileges will not be restored until items are returned and fines are paid.
Books By Mail
North Country Library System provides a wide variety of materials including large print books, books on audio cassette, and books on CD. Items can be mailed directly to eligible individuals at no charge. Any person over the age of 62, those with physical issues and unable to visit a public library, those with hearing difficulties, those with visual difficulties, and residents of institutions all qualify. Registration and reading interest forms are available at your local public library or online at http://ncls.northcountrylibraries.org/sites/default/files/outreach/form24_2006.pdf
For additional information, please contact:
Outreach Services, North Country Library System
22072 County Route 190
Watertown, NY 13601
(315) 782-5540 ext. 235
nclsotr @ ncls.org